Great Accomplishments of 2016
2016 was a very busy year for us with many accomplishments!
- We conducted hands-on bicycle education classes
- We distributed over 3,000 bicycle and pedestrian safety cards
- We partnered with AAA MountainWest on bookmark art contest as a way to promote safety among elementary students
- We collaborate with state agencies on bicycle tourism, improving walkability, and enhancing biking and walking throughout Montana
- We advocated for safer roads for biking and walking through improved policies and practices at the state level
- We provided technical assistance to over 30 communities throughout Montana
- We began preparing for the 2017 legislature in which we will be supporting two bills to create funding and increase safety.
- We distributed safety materials at events and presentations.
Bike Walk Montana is your statewide voice for bicycling and walking.
Our over-arching goal is to make bicycling and walking safe and accessible for all. We believe:
- Bicycling and walking are healthy, safe, economical, and fun.
- Bicycling and walking should be safe activities.
- Everyone has a right to transportation choices.
- Bicycling and walking can be made safer through education, appropriate legislation, and improved infrastructure.
- Bicycling and walking provide a simple and inexpensive way to promote public health, ease traffic congestion, and improve the environment.
- Diversity is critical to developing a strong bicycling and walking community.
While we have accomplished much, we still have a long way to go and we need your help. Click here for five ways you can get involved.