Welcome to Bike Walk Montana, the statewide voice of people who bicycle and walk. Get involved and make our voice stronger.
Bike Walk Montana is a registered 501(c)(3) through the IRS. Our Tax ID number is 45-4720450
Our overriding goal is to make bicycling and walking safe and accessible for all. We believe:
- Bicycling and walking are healthy, safe, economical, and fun.
- Everyone should feel safe while walking or riding a bicycle.
- Everyone has a right to transportation choices.
- Bicycling and walking can be made safer through education, appropriate legislation, and improved infrastructure.
- Bicycling and walking provide a simple and inexpensive way to promote public health, ease traffic congestion, and improve the environment.
- Diversity is critical to developing a strong bicycling and walking community.
Since then we have continued to have an annual summit and have worked hard to build a coalition across Montana. Our membership represents every corner of the State. We have strived to build partnerships with the Department of Transportation, the Department of Commerce, Department of Public Health, and many other organizations to make our communities and roads more walkable and bikable.
So, we’re finally rolling, but to succeed and meet our goals, we need help from bicyclists and walkers throughout Montana. Click here for five ways you can get involved.