There are a number of bills this legislative session that will impact people who walk or bike, including four bills Bike Walk Montana is directly involved with. In order for bills to make it through and pass, it takes people like you contacting Legislators and asking them to support bills.
Throughout the session we will be calling on you to Take Action and ask you to contact Legislators when these bills are in front of Committee or up for Floor Vote. Keep an eye on our site for continuous updates during the session.
Help us make Montana a safer place to bicycle!
Welcome to Bike Walk Montana, the statewide voice for people who bicycle and walk. Get involved and make our voice stronger.
Our overriding goal is to make bicycling and walking safe and accessible for all. We believe:
- Bicycling and walking are healthy, safe, economical, and fun.
- Everyone should feel safe while walking or riding a bicycle.
- Everyone has a right to transportation choices.
- Bicycling and walking can be made safer through education, appropriate legislation, and improved infrastructure.
- Bicycling and walking provide a simple and inexpensive way to promote public health, ease traffic congestion, and improve the environment.
- Diversity is critical to developing a strong bicycling and walking community.
Since then we have continued to have an annual summit and have worked hard to build a coalition across Montana. Our membership represents every corner of the State. We have established partnerships with state agencies such as the Department of Transportation, the Department of Commerce, Department of Public Health, and many local organizations to make our communities and roadways safer and friendlier for people to bicycle and walk.
While we have accomplished much, we still have a long way to go and we need your help. Click here for five ways you can get involved.